Friday, September 18, 2009

Landed!



After temporarily giving up 7 hours of my life chasing the sun around the world, I've landed in Athens and am easing my way into life here and cautiously tip-toeing around jet lag.  We'll begin our permaculture course tomorrow here - the early morning arrival offered some spectacular aerial views of the countryside - the mountains, villages, shorelines and terraces.  On the metro ride from the airport to the city I noticed roadsides lined with black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia) and Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides).  I'm eager to explore the landscape and the history of this ancient land more deeply - starting tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    Congrats on your arrival!...and good luck on bringing your work in Permaculture to Greece; keep us posted...
    -Patrick
    Burlington National Anarchists

    ReplyDelete